American Housekeeping’s San Antonio house cleaning services makes your hectic holiday house cleaning a breeze with our simple and easy house cleaning guide.
Everyone procrastinates at some level – some more than others, especially when it comes to house cleaning, so what’s the secret to success? Proper planning and preparation. The following San Antonio house cleaning services’ holiday house cleaning guide breaks it down for you step-by-step for avoiding hectic holiday cleaning.
Your home isn’t cleaned in a day – it actually takes seven.
Taking time to plan your cleaning tasks in advance is the best first step to avoiding stress this holiday season. Typically, we procrastinate and wait until the last minute to do our house cleaning, this is the wrong approach. Instead, consider breaking down each cleaning task as part of a seven day cycle. For further deep cleaning advice make sure that you consult our deep cleaning guide.
Saturday – Make a House Cleaning Plan
Think of your home as a boutique hotel. Walk through with an attention to detail and survey what needs to be done. Take inventory of dust and clutter and build a to-do list for yourself. In this instance, the age-old mantra holds true: many hands make light work.
- To-do lists can be effective, but the best way to get things done is to recruit any and all available help.
- Collect your kids off the couch and your husband out of his chair and create a feasible house cleaning action plan for everyone.
- Have them take responsibility for their own space and then assign separate chores as needed.
Sunday – Begin With Larger Cleaning Tasks
Once you have your action-plan in place its time to tackle to bigger, more labor intensive house cleaning projects. A good way to think about this is top down and outside in. This guiding cleaning philosophy will make for faster work.
- Begin by washing windows and vacuuming window screens – this is laborious, but the results are worth-while.
- Sweep and tidy up your entryway and decorate with any necessary seasonal touches.
- Wash throw rugs and set them aside so that they are ready to go on the day-of.
- Launder and press your bedspreads, window curtains and shower curtains if need be.
- Fresh bedding is especially essential if you plan to have a number of guests.
Monday – Organize and Dust
- Begin organizing everything that you can within each room of your home.
- Put away laundry, organize children’s toys etc.
- Dust all surfaces. This includes bookshelves, photo frames, art, antiques etc.
- We often forget about ceiling fans, so be sure to dust the fan blades as they accumulate all manner of hair and dust particles.
Tuesday – Stock Your Supplies
Now that your linens and bedding is washed and dried, its time to make sure that each room is stocked with the proper materials.
- Straighten up you coat closet and any other spaces that you anticipate your guests using.
- Add extra hangers and stock with clean linens.
- Make sure that each bathroom has the necessary supplies like soap, toilet paper, and towels.
Wednesday – Bathroom Cleaning Day
Good Bathroom cleaning requires some elbow grease. You’ll have to get down and dirty and really examine all of the nooks and crannies of your bathroom. The devil is in the details with this cleaning task.
- Start with the toilet, showers and bathtubs.
- Once you’ve finished move on to larger surfaces like the walls and floors
- Finally, finish by cleaning the mirrors and lastly, the sink.
Thursday – Kitchen Cleaning Day
If you haven’t already seen our kitchen cleaning guide, do so. It has all of this information and more!
- Clean range or stove top, surfaces, and grates.
- Clean out the refrigerator, making room for party foods; dust top of refrigerator.
- Wipe down all large and small appliances.
- Wipe down your kitchen cabinets.
- Clean kitchen sink and dish drainer and take trash and recycling to their proper bins.
Friday – Day-of Touch Up and House Cleaning Check List
- Empty and clean trash receptacles and add fresh liners.
- Spot clean any dirty areas in your bathrooms.
- Wipe down bathroom mirrors and counters.
- Spot-mop floors with a damp towel.
- Place toilet bowl cleaner in the toilets.
- Check that each bathroom has fresh towels, hand soap and enough toilet paper.
- Vacuum carpets and dry-mop wood floors.
- Polish all frequently used doorknobs, latches and metal surfaces
- Fluff sofa cushions and pillows.
As you can see, the best way to tackle cleaning your home is day-by-day. Our San Antonio maid service at American Housekeeping can get your home spotlessly clean while you sit back and relax. Visit our website and check out our deep cleaning specials and get your free San Antonio Maid Service Quote. We take all of the hard work out of deep cleaning your home. We also perform routine house cleaning services.